Here is a list of books by various teachers that will be at this year’s conference: Ed Tick, Robert Bly, Daniel Deardorff, Martin Shaw and John Lee. Any of the books listed would be good recommended reading for persons planning to attend.
by Ed Tick:
- The Golden Tortoise: Journeys in Viet Nam
- Sacred Mountain: Encounters of the Vietnam Beast
- The Practice of Dream Healing: Bringing Ancient Greek Mysteries into Modern Medicine
- Wild Beasts and Wondering Souls (Elk Press), deals with shamanism in the treatment of PTSD
- War and the Soul: Healing Our Nation’s Veterans from Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (Quest Books), is used by combat soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan, as well as by veterans, military chaplains, social workers, and healing professionals.
by Robert Bly:
- Iron John, A Book About Men
- The Insanity of Empire
- My Sentence Was a Thousand Years of Joy
- The Winged Energy of Delight
- The Urge to Travel Long Distances
- The Night Abraham Called To The Stars
- Morning Poems
- Eating the Honey of Words
by Daniel Deardorff:
- The Other Within: The Genius of Deformity in Myth, Culture, & Psyche
by Martin Shaw:
- A Branch From The Lightning Tree, Wilderness, Myth, and the Life Not Yet Lived
by John Lee:
- Growing Yourself Back Up
- The Missing Peace
- When The Buddha Met Bubba
- The Flying Boy: Healing the Wounded Man
- Recovery: Plain & Simple
- Courting a Woman’s Soul
Additionally, a new book about the work of Robert Bly titled, Robert Bly In This World, has been released in 2011 by the University of Minnesota Press. See Robert’s website for more information.
For more information about the above authors, please see the Teachers List for the 2011 Men’s Conference.